Sunday, June 23, 2013

Acceptance

Crossdressers want to look good.  They want to pass.  But more than that, they want to be accepted.  It's no different than any other person in this world.  We all want to be accepted for who we are (and who we can become). We want to walk into Cheers and hear "Candi!"



It makes me sad to not be accepted.  That is why any crossdresser will hide this part of their life from even their closest loved ones.  Some wives never find out.  Even though some things like men with long hair, ear rings, some even with makeup is accepted in society, crossdressing will be a long way away I am afraid.

My daughter is an example.  She doesn't want to see ANYTHING related to Candi.  I went to the stylist the other day and got my wig cut and styled.  Before I looked like Cousin It and after Julia Roberts (or that's how I remember it).  Without be knowing, B put my wig in rollers and left it in the bathroom to set.  My daughter refused to even go in the bathroom.  She doesn't want to see anything related to Candi. She isn't mean about it, just nothing to do with it.

I hope one day she is accepting of Candi.  I don't have to have full blown up excitement.  I would like her to be comfortable just being around me.  In all my different forms. Just like we all want.

-Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment