Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hot Tub Time Machine

I watched Hot Tub Time Machine yesterday.  OMG this movie is funny.  It is NSFW and if you don't like raunchy humor, you won't like it.  Otherwise, you will love it.  :o)

The premise of the movie is 4 guys whose lives really are in the toilet go on a vacation together and when they get in the hot tub, it takes them back to 1986.  They quickly realize they cannot change anything because of the The Butterfly Effect (Infinifilm Edition) .  But they just as quickly realize they want to have some fun and make some changes. They make a few changes, one of them stays behind in 1986, and they all live happily ever after.

I started wondering if I would want to make changes if I could go back.  And if I did make changes, would it completely change my life today.  Probably so.  I am buried under a mountain of student financial aid.  It's a 2nd mortgage.  I didn't get a lot out of my education, however, I did get a wonderful wife out of college.  If I changed the school and went to a community college, then the debt would be minimal.  But I would not have met B and we would not have a beautiful daughter.  I could have stayed with some earlier jobs and gone up in the company, but I would not have had the experience of preaching.  I could have stayed a preacher in the Methodist church and worked and plodded through it, but then I would not be at my current church which is so much better than any of the past churches we have been members of.

Life right now is not completely easy.  We really don't make it month to month and Peter gets robbed a lot to pay Paul.  But we have shelter that is air conditioned.  We have transportation. We have our health.  I have a wife who accepts all of me and I don't want to change any of the past and lose the present.

Blessings.

-Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment