Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Shopping At The Mall

B and I went on a date last night.  I took her to Rudy's BBQ which she has been craving.  We knew Rudy's before Rudy's was cool.  It was an out of the way BBQ joint outside of San Antonio.  That was 20 years ago. Now they have many locations and I took her to Denton for BBQ.  Afterwards we went to Grapevine Mills Mall.
If you have never been to Grapevine Mills Mall, it's a nice place to shop.  Basically many "outlet" type stores (and other stores) in a mall setting.  It was late and we didn't have much time. One of the last stores we went to was JCPenney.
Now I love JCP.  They have some great clothes and good prices.  I think their new pricing strategy is great, although I hear the execution was very poor.
We briefly look at clothing then went to lingerie.  We found some pretty items (A red satin nightie we were looking for a long time ago also).  B was looking for some back support items.  I found corsets.  I've been wanting a corset for a while and now I found some discounted.  Oh stop my beating heart.
I took the 1st one to the dressing room.  I got  a look from the check girl, but just ignored it.  That one was WAY too small. So I went out and got a bigger size.  It was right at 9pm and the store was closing.  I asked to try it on right quick.  "It is closing time."  She didn't look happy.  I politely asked to try it on right quick.  She relented.
Well I could get the hooks done in the front, but I could not twist it to the back.  I figure B would have  to help me with it.  Actually I just need to lose weight.  So I decided against it right now.  Maybe 20 lbs later.
I was dishearten with the response from the check lady.  It was late so I understand that, but this could be a sale for JCP and they for sure need it.  Hopefully I will get better response next time.

-Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment