Thursday, September 13, 2012

Lana Wachowski (previously Larry)

The Wachowski Brothers are great film auteurs.  Their most notable (in my mind) is The Matrix trilogy.  Larry got a sex change (well she is transgendered. We are not clear on the change and it really doesn't matter). 
I like her line in this article in which Lana said, “I chose to change my exteriority to bring it closer into alignment with my interiority. … I know that many people are dying to know if I have a surgically constructed vagina or not, but I prefer to keep this information between my wife and me.” (Larry and his first wife filed for divorce in 2002; under the new identity Lana married another woman.).  Read the article and tell me what you think.

Read more: http://entertainment.time.com/2012/09/10/the-wachowskis-cloud-atlas-at-toronto-unique-and-earthbound/#ixzz26NoQDRxB


Here is directors commentary on the movie.  Lana is (of course) in the middle.  I'm glad she is "out" but really like that she likes her privacy and isn't looking for a lot of attention for her "alignment".  Basically saying "this is the way I am.  deal with it.  I don't have to talk about it.  It just is."




-Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment