Friday, September 7, 2012

Helping Hand

The CD community we are a part of here in North Texas is wonderful.  We met at Sue Ellen's on Monday (there is a meetup every Monday).  A little drinking (too much), and some kareoke.  We had a blast. 
One girl who is transitioning had lots of advise for me about where to shop and buy a wig, etc.  What was interesting is I didn't really seek out this information.  I'm not saying I am unhappy she was providing direction, but I think in our (because I do stuff like this too) confidence, we like to show what we know. 
I have a rep on my team who is a car guy.  He LOVES to give car information as much as he can.  I have a techie geek that loves to get into the minutia and provide the information back. 
One of the 1st things I said when we started going outside the house was I expected us to become "mentors".  Maybe I'm a little cocky (pun intended).  After being a pastor and being a supervisor over many positions, that might be what I am called to do.  I just take it one day at a time.
So if you are in Dallas on Mondays, stop by Sue Ellen's and have a drink with us.  You will love the experience.

-Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment