Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Outing Adventure

B and I went to a meetup group on Sunday to Sue Ellen's club in Dallas.  They were having a Battle of the Bands. 

There were 6 girls there including 2 GGs (one of them my wonderful wife).  It was a lot of fun since this was the 1st time We had been to Sue Ellen's.  Heck, this is the 1st time we had gone to this area at all.  The bands we heard were good.  We didn't stay too late because B had to work Monday morning. 

Of course in every group there has to be one person who "is too much".  Too much alcohol, too much touchiness, too much anger, etc.  One of the girls was just not all there, plus I think she started drinking before getting to the club.  What was unfortunate was this was the 2nd outing for the other GG and her partner.  She obviously had some concerns with crossdressing, but was being supportive.  Our "too much" friend was making everyone a little uncomfortable.  The other couple ended up leaving extra early.  B gave the wife her card and asked her to call.  I hope she does.  We ended up going to JRs with Jackie to sit in a quiet place and talk.  I can tell Jackie would be a gracious host in her house also.

B and I left not too long after that since she had to work the next morning.  We stopped to eat at Hunky's across the street and then headed home.  B drove since I needed to be like Superman and make a change back into boy mode.  I don't know about you, but eye liner must be made of glue.  That stuff does not want to come off.

It was a great night all around.  And I realized I was completely comfortable as me; Candi.  I wasn't a guy in a dress, but a person walking with my sweet bride and having some fun.  When I was walking, I was...just walking.  I wasn't focused on my "girly walk".  When I was talking, I just talked.  Same thing.  It's interesting.

I should have gotten some pics to post here.  I will ask Jackie if I can steal one of her's. 

Blessings

-Candi

Update: here is a pic. That's what happens to a wig after a long night:

No comments:

Post a Comment