Monday, December 10, 2012

Born This Way

I had an interesting conversation with a coworker the other day.  There is a girl at work going through transition.  I'm not sure where she is at in her transition, but she is "all girl".  The best body money can buy.

The conversation I had with my coworker was about her (in general) but anyone who transitions really.  She said that the girl was not a girl.  So I asked "does what is between your legs determine your gender."  She said yes at first and the conversation changed to other stuff.  One time my uncle many years ago said it was your X and Y chromosomes that determine your gender.  Well, I think they are both wrong.

TLC has a show called Strange Sex and did a segment on Gender Issues

This girl was born female (complete vagina and everything), but has male chromosomes.  Is she female??  Yes.  Obviously there is not a simple definition to go by on gender.  Take that into consideration when looking at other people.

-Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment