Sunday, April 8, 2012

Our Anniversary

Our anniversary was a huge success and so much fun.  I took off the Saturday before so I could get "honey-dos" done and not have to worry about anything on Sunday or Monday.

I actually have to start with the Thursday before our anniversary.  I started looking at the weather and noticing it was going to be a nice warm Spring day. That really throws a wrench into a hairy legged crossdresser's plans.  I knew we were planning some shopping or sight-seeing and would be out all day.  I didn't want to sweat.  So I did what any red blooded CD would do.  I asked for permission to shave my legs.  I know it seems innocent enough, but wives, it seems, feel they "lose" their man when we shave our body hair off...especially the chest hair.  That has to grow back soon because B really likes the chest hair.

With approval to shave my legs, I went at it on Thursday.  Our shower really isn't big enough to bend over and shave your legs so the bathtub gets my vote.  I soaked in a very hot tub for a while and shaved away.  No problems except the nick on my left knee.  Make that bony knee.  Oh well, the price of war. I wore my purple silky tank-top blouse and black skirt.  I wore purple flats I have had for a while that complemented it all.



Our 1st (and only) appointment was at 11 at our makeup session.  B set this up months ago.  She met this lady at a networking meeting and they seemed to hit it right off.  Off to Garland we go.  Penny was awesome.  She did my makeup, she made a special bottle of foundation that matched my skin type, and she also did my wig.  In a past profession, she was a beautician.  She also did wigs.  Well, she teased up my wig and hairsprayed it in place.  It was "Texified" but I loved it.  Instead of flat, it had LIFE.  She also did B's hair after doing her makeup.  I'm definitely going to one of her makeup classes soon.

When we left it was just after 1pm.  We went to the Italian restaurant there next door.  We were disappointed.  The shrimp B got was not good at all.  My plate was fine.  What tickled me was the insurance place across the street.  Check out the picture:

Do you think many of client's dying words are "Hey y'all. Watch this"? They are then removed from the "gene pool".  Ha!

We left there and went into Dallas to the Daisey Polk Inn where we were staying for the night.  This is a great little B&B in a part of town that is accepting of CDs.  It's right around the corner from Sue Ellens.  If you stay, get the Reagan room.  It has queen bed.  The bathroom is across the hall, but has the claw foot tub.  The other rooms have private baths with just showers.  One has a balcony. Awesome place to stay but don't expect much for breakfast unless you pay extra.  $20 is more than I want to pay, although I think Michael would be the best chef to have cook for me.

On another note, if Bruce was still talking to me, I would set him up with Michael.  They have the same personality and mannerisms.  AND, Michael had a bunch of chest hair.  Bruce likes bears. I could play match maker.

We rested for a little bit while I figured out where to go.  B wanted to treat me to a pedicure.  Excited I was (although I am cheap frugal and didn't want to spend the $$). I found the Bishop Arts District as the place to go.  We could get our nails done, do a little shopping, and eat.  Well apparently nobody told them we were coming and everything closed down around 5:30pm.  I was disappointed.  The nail shop was open, HOWEVER it had bars on the windows and we didn't like the look of it. 

So I find the wig show Jackie told me about on Lemmon ave.  We went in there and looked around.  Didn't find anything that screamed Buy Me Now.  We went two doors down to the nail place.  It had bars on the window also (should have been our 1st clue).  The sign in sheet for pedicure hadn't been used in a couple days (should have been our 2nd clue).  That was $22 per person that was just average.  B said it could have been SO MUCH BETTER.  Well....I can't wait until better.

We left there and went to eat down the street at Marios Mexican and Salvadorian.  That was good food.  I'm glad it made up for the poor lunch food.  If you are on Lemmon ave in Dallas, check it out.  When we got back to the B&B, I saw Black Eye Pea and said we should have eaten there.  Next time we will know.


We took A LOT of pictures, although I wanted more outfits and poses.  I think we ended up with 160 pictures.  Since I don't have Photoshop, I downloaded Gimp which is free and just as good.  I'm all about free.  I've spent tons of time editing pictures. 


Of course some many of the pics are NOT going to be posted here.  I run a PG or PG17 blog.  We had some much fun doing pictures and everything.  The next morning, breakfast was blah.  When Patrick said "continental" breakfast, I'm thinking Lincoln Continental and a big breakfast.  Well, it was biscuits and jam/butter with juice.  I understand they used to charge more for the room and the large breakfast was included.  Just want to set your expectation on that one.

We came home Tuesday and I can't wait until our next outing.  B told me today she liked my shaved legs.  I plan on keeping them this way for a while.  Our teenager asked me about them today.  I told her that mom dared me to shave them after I made a comment about her unshaven legs and I went through with it.  I then told her that her and her husband would do many things her kids think are weird and you will just smile and think back to this time.  I didn't tell her about the pedicure when I had the chance.  It is bright red, so not easy to hide. 

The Meetup group I am a member of is doing some shopping trips on Sunday afternoons soon.  I am going to try and get in on these.  Not sure how I am going to get out of the house with the teenager here.  Also, we have Prom coming up.  What royally sucks is B has to work and no good way to get out of it so we are not going to be able to go.  I was really looking forward to it.  I was looking forward to finding a prom dress :o).  On of my friends is going with a girl from Sue Ellen's club who will be dressed as a guy.  That is awesome.

If all goes well, come 2 weeks I will get out of the house and do some shopping.  As for our anniversary....HUGE SUCCESS.  Trying to keep that endorphins high right now.

Be Blessed.

-Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment