Sunday, February 19, 2012

Awesome Night Out (Part 2)

Part 2.....

The show (Turnabout at 1851Club where men dress as women and women dress as men) was supposed to start at 10.  The club is a hole-in-the-wall bar with a space for dancing or shows, a few tables, a single pool table and two small bathrooms.  I wanted to play pool (because I can ROCK the pool table), but the people playing were either too drunk to play or just bad pool players.  So I skipped the pool table.

Of course the show didn't start at 10.  It was closer to 10:30.  Not a lot to say.  Guys and girls (as girls and guys) lip-syncing to top 40 songs and collecting money for LGBT charities such as a teen suicide prevention program. They love to perform and do a good job.  Think of it as jazzercize. :o)

Side note to the night.  Maybe SAD note would be more appropriate.  Last time we went to this club (Turnabout was playing again) we met Mia and Eve.  Eve is a crossdresser and this bar is where she feels comfortable.  Mia could easily be labeled a cougar.  She was fun if not a little (lot) aggressive.  She was there supporting Eve.  Well we saw Eve again last night.  She was with two other CD friends.  One was very convincing.  I really wondered if she was transitioning.  What made me sad was how miserable all three of them looked.  I didn't stare at them or anything, but when I looked at B (and I do that a lot) I could glance over at them.  Never a smile, not a one.  So....here right now I will make a pronouncement.  If you as a crossdresser get to go out (and especially if you get to go with either other CDs or a supportive friend) then have fun.  Fun and smiling go hand in hand.  Giggle, joke, smile, talk, flirt, just have fun.  This is your time outside the closet doors.  Make the most of it. 

We left around 1am.  We decided to not close the bar down this night.  Paid my tab, tipped the bartender and out the door.  On that note, when the bartender takes care of you, take care of the bartender.  And if you want to make it OBVIOUS, pay the first round in cash and tip big then start a tab for the rest.  It's a little manipulation, but hey...it works. I asked B where she wanted to go.  She wanted to go get some groceries after getting a bite to eat. 

We wanted some place sit down (at 1am mind you).  We drove down this road for 5 miles and found nothing.  Pulled out my handy Android powered smart phone and searched for Denny's.  It was the other way.  Turned around and passed the club again.  Turned left to go to Denny's and could not find it.  Looked at my phone again and it was Denny's Towing.  D'oh.  Did a search for Ihop and found one down by the mall off of I20. It was farther than I liked, but reasonable. 



This stop really made the night.  There were some teenage boys in the waiting area of Ihop that made a comment to each other when we walked in, but ignored it. They sat us and our waitress Erika came to take our order.  "What can I get for you ladies to drink." Oh that sounded SO SO SO good.  We decided to split an omelet and pancakes.  When Erika brought back our food, she had the omelet cut in half on separate plates.  I asked for salsa and she brought it right out, offering more which I declined.  She was attentive and an awesome waitress.  I did the survey online and told Ihop they need to give her a raise before a competing place like Papasitos scoops her up. 




B decided she wanted to go home instead of shopping.  I was fine with that.  I was tired also (old married folks).  I kissed her and told her she was awesome and Candi was coming to bed with her.  She asked about the wig and fake nails.  I said yes but I was taking the fake lashes off.  I don't think I'm doing fake lashes again.  1. I would like some cute glasses for my look and lashes are not conducive to glasses.  2. They are a pain in the ass to put on and take off.  I'm sticking with mascara.

Another side note.  When I was in the bathroom the 2nd time, a thumb nail popped off and landed in the toilet.  Well I wasn't going in after it, and even if I did, I didn't have any adhesive.  I only brought lip stick (which I didn't need to reapply, thank you Revlon).  I looked at my other hand and saw the thumb nail on that hand was missing also.  Well Damn.  Oh Well.  When I got home to get ready for bed, I found the 2nd nail in my tights.  Guess it came off at the same time as the 1st one. I'm just going to paint my nails next time.  I love the fake nails, but not sure if it's worth it for the night.  If I could go all week and not have to do contacts, then maybe fake will work.
I got my contacts off even with nails on.  One more reason to get Lasik or at least some prescription glasses. I would really really like to get Laik but $1500 I don't have.  I forgot and left on the lashes until this morning before church.  I also had the nails to work with this morning.  My toes are still bright red and I LOVE them. But I need to take care of that before work this week since they will stand out A LITTLE at the gym.  I slipped on my favorite black nightie to sleep in, rolled into bed, and we both crashed. No sex after a long night out.

Today I had to take off my lashes, nails, all the makeup (eye liner is a bitch to get off in the shower). I need to wash my wig so it's ready for our anniversary.  I can't wait.  That was our night.  It was SSSSOOOO much fun.  I can't wait to do it again. 

Blessings,

-Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment