Thursday, February 2, 2012

Favorite Nightie

I think every girl should have a favorite nightie.  "Nightie" is kind of a generic term in that I think you should have your favorite to sleep in. 
I had to put that disclaimer on because the lingerie industrie has made nighties into sexy, frilly, come take me items.  And while I absolutely love that too (I have a few of them), those are really not comfortable to sleep in. 
It reminds me of the bed commercials.  In them, you see women sleeping in long silk night-gowns.  Everything is heaven and nothing could wake them.  Oh, and many of them don't have sheets.  Let's not forget the guys sleeping in full pajamas.  How often has that happened since the '50s.  In actuality, silk is hot to sleep in, doesn't move well with you, and really kind of a pain. 

My favorite nightie to sleep in is this black one. 















It's light, cotton, a little flirty and comfortable.  I have another blue one I love (B's favorite color right now) that is made from that lycra blend.  It's cooler than cotton.  I would have to say it's my 2nd favorite.

When in "man-mode" I have always slept nude.  I never understood guys that would sleep in pajama pants or boxers.  And there is no way I would sleep in a t-shirt.  When I move just a little, it feels like I am choking :o(.

Now there is rarely a night I don't sleep in one of the two nighties listed above.  They are relaxing and comforting.  That is exactly what you should look for in your "favorite".  One that relaxes you.  When you slip it on, you feel the stress start to fall off.  Like going to mom's house on Thanksgiving when the cooking is 80% done.  You walk in and the smell hits you.  It feels good.

Find your favorite nightie.  You will thank me later.

-Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment